Ruturaj Gaikwad is a young Indian cricketer who was born on January 31, 1997, in Pune, Maharashtra. He is a right-handed batsman and an occasional wicket-keeper. Gaikwad started playing cricket at a very young age and showed great potential as a batsman.
He made his List A debut for Maharashtra in the 2016–17 Vijay Hazare Trophy and scored a century in his second match. In the same year, Ruturaj Gaikwad was also part of the Indian team that won the Under-19 Asia Cup. Gaikwad made his first-class debut for Maharashtra in the 2017–18 Ranji Trophy season.
|Name:||Ruturaj Dashrat Gaikwad|
|Date of Birth:||Jan 31, 1997|
|Birth Place:||Pune, Maharashtra|
|Batting Style:||Right hand bat|
|Year||Team||Matches||Runs||H. S.||Strike Rate||Average|
Ruturaj Gaikwad was born in Maharashtra, India, to a middle-class family. His father, Dashrath Gaikwad, works in the electricity department, while his mother is a homemaker. He has two siblings, a younger brother, and a sister.
Ruturaj’s family has been supportive of his cricketing dreams since he was young. He started playing cricket at the age of six and was encouraged by his family to pursue the sport. His father used to take him to the cricket ground for practice and matches, and his mother would prepare food and snacks for him.
Despite facing financial constraints, Ruturaj’s family always ensured that he had the necessary equipment and resources to pursue his cricketing ambitions. His family’s support and encouragement played a crucial role in his journey to become a professional cricketer.
Today, Ruturaj Gaikwad is a rising star in Indian cricket, and his family continues to be his biggest supporters. They are proud of his achievements and look forward to seeing him succeed in the future.
He was signed by the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) for the Indian Premier League (IPL) in 2019, but he did not get many opportunities to play in his first season. However, in the 2020 IPL, Ruturaj Gaikwad got a chance to open the innings for CSK, and he grabbed it with both hands. Ruturaj scored three consecutive half-centuries and played a crucial role in CSK’s revival in the tournament.
Gaikwad’s performances in the IPL caught the attention of the national selectors, and he was included in India’s squad for the tour of Sri Lanka in July 2021. He made his international debut in the first ODI against Sri Lanka and scored an impressive 43 runs. In the third ODI, he scored his maiden international century and helped India win the series 2-1.
Gaikwad is considered a talented young player with a bright future ahead of him. He has already shown his potential in domestic cricket and the IPL, and his international debut was a testament to his ability to perform under pressure. He will undoubtedly be a player to watch out for in the coming years.
- Ruturaj Gaikwad is a right-handed top-order batsman and an occasional wicket-keeper.
- He made his List A debut for Maharashtra in the Vijay Hazare Trophy in 2016.
- He made his first-class debut for Maharashtra in the 2016-17 Ranji Trophy season.
- He made his Indian Premier League (IPL) debut for the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) in 2019.
- Ruturaj scored his maiden century in List A cricket in the 2019-20 Vijay Hazare Trophy, where he amassed 419 runs at an average of 59.85.
- In the 2020 IPL season, he struggled initially and scored only 5 runs in his first three matches. However, he went on to score three consecutive half-centuries in his next three innings.
- Ruturaj’s highest score in the IPL is 88 not out, which he scored against the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) in the 2020 season.
- In the 2021 IPL season, he played a crucial role in CSK’s successful campaign, scoring 196 runs at an average of 28.00.
- He was named the Player of the Match twice in the 2021 IPL season for his match-winning knocks of 64 and 75 not out.
- As of April 2023, Ruturaj Gaikwad has played 30 matches in the IPL, scoring 810 runs at an average of 30.00, with a highest score of 88 not out.